Wednesday 29 January 2014

Fun with food

I've previously mentioned that doormen will always find a way to entertain themselves, this can be in a variety of ways from pretending to be foreign to seeing who can kick their chewing gum the furthest!   
Whilst working at the Olympics I nipped to asda one day to grab a few bits, I was munching on some beef jerky as I was leaving and noticed the pet food aisle, and packets of dog beef jerky!  A sudden idea hit me.  If I bought a couple of packets of dog beef jerky, and a couple of packets of normal beef jerky then transferred the contents, would a group of hungry doormen eat them?  The answer is yes they will!  Ah happy days.
Another time I was being a bastard, sorry having fun, I was doing a cover shift in Grimsby.   I'd been at a hungry horse pub for a few shifts and only had a few left to do with their regular head doorman  Mike.  Now Mike liked his spicy food and the pub served chicken wings and scampi and the like till eleven pm and with us finishing at twelve Mike would have the chef prepare him some take home food for when we finished.   On this particular evening it was chicken wings but with five little dip pots of chilli sauce numbered 1-5 in order of strength.  The temptation was too much to resist and when Mike went to lock the fire escapes I switched the tops of the pots over at random!   Shall we say I was still driving back to Harrogate when the text messages began! 

No comments:

Post a Comment