Wednesday 30 April 2014

Do you know who I am 2!

You meet a few minor celebrities every now and then as a doorman and when I was working in a nightclub last year we happened to get some of these folk meeting and greeting customers.  
We had some guys from the tv programme Geordie Shore in one night well I think it was Geordie Shore it could quite easily have been Made in Chelsea, can you tell how much it grabbed my interest!  I was only aware that we had one celeb in and, not watching the show myself I thought I'd best google a pic of him so I knew who I was supposed to be looking after!  I needn't have bothered though because he was so orange from overtanning he stuck out like a sore thumb, he seemed a nice bloke and was very polite and thankful which was a pleasant surprise.  
We barriered off the raised 'gallery' area of the club and he had his own little party going on with plenty of girls queuing to get his attention, after a while though the head doormanc who was enjoying being up there amongst all the young girlies, came to the entrance and told me to stop letting anyone up now as it was getting too busy up there.   So I started turning people away at the front, now em people want to do something in a club and you stop them they're not impressed, it doesn't matter that you can clearly see how busy it it, as far as they are concerned you are solely responsible for ruining their night and they will tell you that!  I must have been there for ten minutes or so when a tall, wavy haired pretty boy came up to me to go up and join the party.
"Sorry fella its too busy up there at the moment." I told him.
He looked irritated and then said, 
"Don't you know who I am little man?"
Little man?  Really?  Is that a good idea to say that to a doorman?  You twat.  Yep I thought all the above and then said
"It's just too busy up there mate."
"Don't you watch tv, don't you know who I am?" Came the condescending reply from the man. 
I noticed the heavy tan and the penny dropped that he must be with our minor celeb, he certainly had the attitude for a male diva!
I leaned forward and spoke in his ear
"No I don't know who you are, and in six months time no one else will either, now wind your neck in and be a bit nicer, it gets you further."
Not a word came back in reply, he actually looked like I'd been the first to tell him just how short lived his career was likely to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment